Here at Picky Pigeon, we believe that online shopping should be an easy, hassle-free and enjoyable experience. While we strive to bring you the best brands, latest trends and new styles, we understand that there may occasionally be times where you will need to return an item purchased from us.
This Returns Policy (“Policy”) is to be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions and applies to all purchases made in-store and online through our Website (located at https://pickypigeon/).
Our goods come with warranties and guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (“Consumer Guarantees”). You are entitled to a replacement or a refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. This Policy is not intended to replace or exclude any rights available to you under the Australian Consumer Law.
All returns are subject to the following conditions (‘Return Conditions’). Picky Pigeon retains the right to reject a return on the basis of a failure to adhere to these Return Conditions or a failure to comply with this Policy. Additionally, please note the exclusions outlined in the section below.
In order for Picky Pigeon to process your return:
- a) The Product(s) must be in saleable condition (except in the case of faulty items);
- b) The Product(s) must be unworn and unopened, unwashed and undamaged (except in the case of faulty Products), in their original condition with all original tags are attached and/or are in their original packaging (which must also be undamaged and in its original condition). For shoes, please ensure the box is returned with no post label attached;
- c) All returns must be received by Picky Pigeon, for online purchases – within 30 days of us dispatching them to you or, for in-store purchases, within 30 days of purchase;
- d) Return requests must include an Order Number, Description and Reason for Return; and
- e) Proof of purchase in the form of your Picky Pigeon confirmation email, order invoice or receipt must accompany your return request.
3. Return and Exchange Exclusions
Despite these exclusions, Picky Pigeon will accept returns for items under these exclusions that are determined to be faulty under our Faulty Products section below as required in accordance with Australian Consumer law.
Exclusions: Please choose carefully when purchasing the following merchandise as we will not accept returns for change of mind or exchanges for the following items due to our Health & Hygiene Policy (unless the item is faulty):
- – Underwear and any items with a hygiene seal;
- – Cosmetics, makeup and any beauty products or tools;
- – Headwear;
- – Swimwear;
- – Items on their own that are part of a set (for example bikini tops and bottoms;
- – Jewellery; and
- – Food and beverage items
Non-merchandised items, such as gift cards and event tickets, are generally not eligible for return.
4. Change of Mind
For your convenience, Picky Pigeon generally allows returns for change of mind under the following conditions. However, please note that we reserve the right to refuse an exchange or refund for a change of mind at our discretion.
- If you have changed your mind on full-priced Products, Picky Pigeon may offer you an exchange, Picky Pigeon credit or a refund, provided that the Return Conditions are satisfied and subject to Picky Pigeon’s discretion on a case by case basis.
- Products that have been discounted from the full retail price are only eligible for exchange or return for Picky Pigeon credit, provided that the Products meet the Return Conditions.
Please note that for online purchases returned for change of mind, you must cover the postage costs for returning the Product back to us.
Replacements and Exchanges
- We may not be able to offer a replacement on some Products if there is no longer stock available. If your purchase meets the Return Conditions and no replacement is available, you are able return your item and purchase an alternative item or if the item is not a sale item, and is not faulty, you may elect to receive a refund.
- Please note that replacement Products will only be shipped after the item for return item has been received by Picky Pigeon.
5. Faulty Products
If an item is faulty, wrongly described, incorrectly sized or different from the sample shown, then we will meet our legal obligations which may include refunding the purchase price and delivery charges, or providing a replacement item, provided the item is returned within a reasonable time and with proof of purchase as outlined in our Return Conditions.
Picky Pigeon can assist you with your return of a faulty Product, provided that upon assessment by Picky Pigeon:
- a) the Product is considered faulty; or
- b) the Product is considered to hold a manufacturing fault; or
- c) the Product varies significantly to the Glue Store description and/or images; or
- d) the Product delivered is not the item that was ordered.
Picky Pigeon will not offer a repair, exchange, credit note or refund of any item where fault or damage has been caused by the incorrect wearing of, or incorrect caring for, the item.
If an item is found to be faulty, you will be provided with a repair, replacement, refund or online store credit on the faulty item. If you are returning a faulty item purchased online via Post, please contact us so that we may organise to cover your return postage costs.
6. Delivery and Shipping
Delivery Charges: Except in the case of Faulty Product returns, original delivery charges are non-refundable and delivery charges for returned items are responsibility of the customer. No return delivery charges will be incurred if you elect to return your item in-store.
Picky Pigeon takes no responsibility for missing incoming deliveries of a return. We encourage you to return your Product(s) via registered or traceable postal services as return parcels remain the responsibility of the purchaser until received by Picky Pigeon. Returned items must be sent by a prepaid method of delivery.
7. Online Purchases
You are welcome to return items purchased from us online via Post, or by courier services.
If you ordered online, and paid using AfterPay, or a credit/debit card, one of our store representatives can assist you with the following:
- Exchange for another size, colour or style
- Exchange for store credit to the value of your item(s)
- Full or partial refund to the credit/debit card used at the time of purchase
If you ordered online, and paid using PayPal, one of our store representatives can assist you with the following:
- Exchange for another size, colour or style
- Exchange for store credit to the value of your item(s)
If you paid using PayPal and would like a refund, you will need to return your item(s) by post.
If you are returning a faulty Product via post, please contact us so that we may organise to cover your return postage costs. If a Product is found to be faulty, you will be provided with a repair, replacement, refund or online store credit on the faulty Product.
Picky Pigeon will not offer a repair, exchange, credit note or refund of any Product where fault or damage has been caused by the incorrect wearing of, or incorrect caring for, the Product.
8. Processes For Returning an Online Order
Returning an Online Order by post
- 1. Contact Us to so we know that your return is coming.
- 2. Ensure that your Product meets our Return Conditions and complies with this Policy.
- 3. Pack the return Products into an appropriate postage parcel and affix the returns label to the outside of your parcel and send the package back to Picky Pigeon. Don’t forget to include the return form and proof of purchase (your Glue Store confirmation email or order invoice or receipt). Do not affix any labels to the actual product packaging as this may void the requirement for the product packaging to be in original and saleable condition.
- Please allow up to 14 business days for our online team to receive your return. If it has been more than 14 business days since you sent your return to us, and you still have not received confirmation from us that we have received it, please follow up with your delivery to confirm its status.
- Once we receive the package and confirm that it meets the terms and conditions of this Policy, we’ll process your refund and send you an email to let you know, or we will be in touch to arrange an exchange
- Returns are processed on a “first come, first served” basis, and your refund should be processed within 7 working days during normal operating periods.
- If there are any issues or your return doesn’t comply with this Policy, we’ll contact you and send your Products back to you.
- Please note that you will have to cover the postage charges for the return of your Products via Post, unless the Products are faulty.
- If you send any products to us, we are not responsible if the product is damaged or lost and will not accept any liability for non-delivery. We recommend using a service which will allow for the item to be tracked (such as express or registered post).
Returning an Online Order in store
You may return an item purchased through our online store.
- 1. Ensure that your Product complies with the Return Conditions and this Policy.
- 2. Ensure that the Product you wish to return is available for return in-store. Ensure that you bring in the same credit or debit card that you used to purchase the Product with, as we can only issue your refund to the same card as used in the original payment.
- 3. Provide proof of purchase in the form of your Picky Pigeon confirmation email, order invoice or receipt and a completed.
- 4. Once we confirm that your Products adhere to this Policy, including our Return Conditions, we’ll offer you a refund or an exchange in store, on the spot.
9. Replacements and Exchanges
Please note that we may not be able to offer a replacement or exchange on some Products if there is no longer stock available. If your purchase meets the Return Conditions and no replacement is available, you may be able to return your Product and purchase an alternative Product or if the Product is not a sale item, and is not faulty, you may elect to receive a refund.
10. Refund Tender
If you are entitled to a refund, your refund will be returned in the same manner as the original payment method. For purchases made by credit or debit card, the cardholder and the same card are required to process the refund as was originally used for the purchase.
Please note that processing of refunds can take up to 7 business days to show on your account due to varying processing times between payment providers.
If you are to receive Picky Pigeon online store credit, the credits are applied to your Picky Pigeon Account or through the issue of a coupon code once your return has been processed.
Please allow up to 3 business days for store credit to be applied.
Glue Store credits are valid for 6 months before expiry.
You can check your Picky Pigeon Credit Balance by logging on to your account. To use your Picky Pigeon Credits you will have the option in the checkout on the payment step.
11. Consumer Guarantees
This Policy is not intended to replace or exclude any rights available to you under the Australian Consumer Law.
If you believe an item purchased from Picky Pigeon is faulty, you may have rights under Australian Consumer Law. Where there is a major failure with the item you may choose a refund, exchange or repair and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the item repaired or replaced if the item fails to be of acceptable quality and this failure does not amount to a major failure. Where an item is damaged through misuse, Glue Store cannot provide a refund, exchange or repair.
Certain legislation including the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) in the Consumer and Competition Act 2010 (Cth), and similar consumer protection laws and regulations may confer you with rights, warranties, guarantees and remedies relating to the provision of goods or services to you by us which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. Our liability is governed solely by the ACL, this policy and any terms and conditions specified on our Website.
This Policy may be amended from time to time by Picky Pigeon, without prior notice. Any purchase from us following any such amendments will be deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments. We recommend that you check Picky Pigeon’s current Terms and Conditions, before making any purchase. Our agents, employees and third parties do not have authority to change this Policy or our Terms and Conditions.
If you have any enquiries regarding your return or our Returns Policy, you may contact our customer service team via the information provided on our Contact Us page.